Derek and I spent Labor Day weekend in Kansas City visiting our dear friends Ashley & Luke Hochevar and Christia & Dustin Colquitt. We had such a great time at the baseball games and eating dinner at the Colquitts on Sunday night. My arms are still sore from playing WII Cheer!!
On Monday afternoon (Labor Day) we flew home and got in to Nashville at about 3:30pm. I had a weird feeling all weekend and decided to take a pregnancy test. After two very positive tests, we were in disbelief that it had actually happened!
Of course being the planners that we are, we immediately decided to buy every possible book on eating, parenting, ect. We also went out for a celebratory dinner and spent 10 minutes deciding on what I should eat that would be best for the baby! We also decided to go ahead and get on a few day care waiting lists since I heard it can be quite the process.
Tuesday morning on my way in to work, I called and scheduled the first ultrasound that will be on October 7th. They also informed me that my due date will be May 15th, 2010!! Craziness!!
Nonetheless, we feel so incredibly blessed and excited! It all feels so surreal-I actually had Derek pinch me! Labor Day's in the Bland home will never be the same. They will always be remembered as the day we found out about our first born!
Here is Neyland in his Kansas City Royals Jersey that Aunt Ashley got him for his Bday! Go Luke!!

No comments:
Post a Comment