Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 - A year of many blessings

Guys and Gal - This has been an amazing year. For us as a family and individually. Its been great for me to see the brotherly relationship forming between you (Hayes) and you (Charlie). You have disagreements like all brothers do but you truly love each other and don't want to be apart from each other. To me not having a brother, I realize that relationship that you share with each other is something very special and can't wait to see how it continues to grow and flourish throughout your lives. 

We also have a new relationship that is forming and its your relationship with Marianna. She came into our lives in June and both of you reacted wonderfully. Hayes - you were instantly protective of her from day one. Charlie - at first, you had mixed emotions as you were still a baby yourself when she came into our home. You did not like the idea of sharing your time with Momma anymore. But both of you adapted well and Marianna loves being with both of you. Charlie - She laughs when she sees you and you bring so much joy to her and us. Hayes - She watches everything you do and loves it when you play with her. You have been asking lately if you can marry Marianna when you grow up. Of course your Mother and I let you know that isn't possible but it brings joy to our heart that you are showing love for her. 

Hayes - This has been a special year for you. I enjoying be with you more and more. You are so inquisitive and smart. You want to know more about everything. When I read to you at night your favorite thing to say is, "Daddy, please, just one more book." I enjoy when you tell me things about school. You are forming your own friends independently from us. For example, Ryan, Brooks, and Sam are some of your newest friends that you enjoy telling me about. You guys pretend you are the Avengers. Hayes - you play the part as the incredible Hulk. I love conversing with you at night. I never know what you are thinking and am amazed at what you say sometimes. You have shown interest for chess. Sometime you and I play at night. You are learning more and more about strategy and are thinking deeper and deeper each day. You are becoming very tall and slim. I can definitely tell you have my height. You played soccer this year. When you decided to play you showed signs of being a good athlete but sometimes the flowers or sticks showed you greater interest than the soccer ball did. It will be interesting to see what you lock onto and where you focus your energy, whether it be athletics, academics, or religion or a little bit of everything you will definitely succeed. 

Charlie - You are coming into your own and will have no problems following in your brothers footsteps or carving your own path. Your laid back personality is becoming apparent to us and we love you for it. You do not say much but when you do we all smile and hug you. You rarely cry and and have no problems sticking up for yourself. As you grow I find myself worrying more about Hayes when you guys get into a tussle as I know you can take care of yourself. Your physical and mental strength are becoming more and more apparent. The other night you walked into Hayes's room while I was reading and you started grinning from ear to ear. I looked at Hayes and he said, "I love Charlie, he is really cool." As a parent, I feel truly blessed in moments like these. That you both love each other. Charlie - you are becoming quite an athlete yourself. Hayes played on a soccer team and I think you could take half of the kids on the team to school and they are two years older. You are aggressive and aren't afraid and I hope you never lose this. 

Marianna - As the new addition and our princess you fill a spot that we truly prayed for that we felt like we were missing. While the boys can bring aggression and energy to any situation we were missing some sweetness. You have been great for the first 7 months. I can't describe it any better than just being plain sweet. Momma wishes you would sleep more but you are showing your own personality and who you will become. Your mom and I feel like we are biased but we feel like you are prettier than any other baby we have ever seen. We are glad you have two older brothers to protect you and are looking forward to what the future years will become. 

2014 has been a great year for our family and we pray we are blessed for future years to come!

Daddy

No comments: